Tuesday, July 25, 2006

First day at work...

It seems like a very nice place. I got my security passes after standing an hour in line, and now I'm quite happily settled into my little cubicle. Afterwards, I'll be meeting one of my two bosses whom I haven't met, for an informal chat.

For some reason, I'm quite tired today... I didn't sleep that well because the back was bothering me, amongst other things. I woke up at 6.30am on the dot, even though I had set the alarm for 7.30am initially... in any case, I will have to wake up at 6.30am in future since the shuttle services to my work place start at 7.45am from the nearest MRT to my home.

Oh, and they also have a shuttle service from Outram Park, which makes me very happy... since it means I'll be able to move out and live near to downtown...
:)

---
I've been doing a lot of thinking, and so far, except for a quick SMS to her informing her about some sales thing I saw this morning, I've been pretty good at abstaining from contacting her altogether.

I kept thinking about what my friend C told me. She had said, "Sometimes people say things which they mean at that time... you really cannot hold a person to what he or she says." By doing that, I've basically placed a lot of expectations on the relationship, which might have been the reason the now-ex had freaked out. It kinda makes sense that she would talk about the pressure to be perfect, and about commitment.

In any case, she's now free, since we're not together anymore. As a result, I've been thinking a lot about how I was with her, how I reacted, and what I should have improved.

Heck, I just want to have fun, to be honest. I just want to live in the moment, not worry about the future, just have fun and enjoy myself. If she wants to break up, that's fine. If she wants to continue being with me, that's also okay. At this point, I think I'm just going to live day by day, and take things as they come while planning for my own future.

And if she wants to, she's more than welcome to join me on this path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home