Thursday, July 20, 2006

Watching Forrest Gump, you never know what you're gonna get.

I'm watching Forrest Gump.

I remember watching the film when it first came out. I remembered that this mainland Chinese couple sat in front of me while the film went on, and the man kept making all these snide comments in Mandarin.

Man,this film has a pretty damned good soundtrack. And really good acting too.

Sometimes I totally empathize with this fictional character, created as a satirical commentary about the American century. Sometimes I feel like I really miss America, watching scenes of New York, DC, San Francisco.

Like Forrest Gump, I feel really dumb sometimes. A dumb man in love with a beautiful woman. "You're too good for me", "we live too different lives". That sounds too awfully close to home sometimes. Although it is obviously different from my own reality. Is she my own Jenny, though?

I feel like him,perpetually a young boy, worrying about my mum.

Ooh, Gumps mother is dying. "You have to make your own destiny." - Mama Gump

Back to watching the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home