Saturday, July 22, 2006

Suddenly

... quite suddenly, out of the blue, she called me to tell me that she cannot be without me.

I don't remember what I said. All I remember is waking up afterwards, and thinking to myself that "it was a nice dream"... then later, it hit me that, maybe it wasn't a dream.

Maybe it did happen.

So I called her back, and it did happen.

So we're back together again.

Fundamentally, though, there are changes in our relationship. But, in a lot of ways, I think they are not bad changes. It is a lot more about enjoying each other's company now, and not so much about making the other party feel guilty. It is about two independent people choosing to be together,and not two dependent people who are together out of fear and clinging. There'll be a lot more personal space, a lot more personal freedom, and with the lack of the fear that comes with clinging, probably a lot more fun to come.

We'll see. It might be that she will change her mind again. As a friend advised and reminded me, my happiness does not lie with her, but within myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home