Tuesday, April 25, 2006

iLike iTunes & Podcasts (w/o iPod)

I had heard of Podcasts before, but it was only until recently that I discovered the true potential of podcasts.

For those who don't know what podcasts are, podcasts are downloadable mp3 files published and placed online by individuals or (a lot of) media organizations. One can listen to a podcast anytime one wants, on an mp3 player or with iTunes: iTunes seamlessly coordinates the uploading and updating of these podcasts so one always gets the most updated podcasts.

It's AWESOME: I get to listen to satirical sites like the hilarious Singaporean site Mr Brown & Mr Miyagi, better-than-radio-broadcasts versions of World Service Auntie Beeb, and also a lot of podcasts that allow me to learn a language (like Deutsche Welle's "Langsame gesprochene Nachrichten" for German and a Japanese podcast channel for basic Japanese).

Right now I'm listening to the BBC, which comes as a HUGE relief after being deprived for so long... it's going to get even better after I get the graduation day present that my sister has gotten me: an iPod video (30Gb).

-rubs palms-

Can't wait for it to arrive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home