Sunday, April 23, 2006

Blue Paddle and Summer Pils

Saint Arnold Brewery's Summer Pils isn't in the same league as Czech or German beers, but for an American microbrew, it is pretty damn good: very refreshing hops flavour, smooth, slightly sweet even though it is (probably) brewed from the Houston municipal water supply.

Also noteworthy: New Belgium brewery's Blue Paddle Pilsener Lager has a very pronounced hoppy flavour, but for an American beer, this has lots of character. I would say it reminds me a lot of the Czech Pilsner Urquell, which isn't my favourite (that will be Czechvar (aka the ORIGINAL Budweiser) but is as good as it gets in the land of Weak-Piss-Masquerading-As-Beer.

I'm drinking as much American microbrewed beers as I can before I graduate and leave, since I won't get another chance once I'm back in Singapore: then, I might get to brew my own beer (depending on budget and on alcoholic inclination).

Did I say that I want to quit drinking altogether? I'm not lying: I'm seriously thinking about it... but just THINKING about it, for now.

cheers!
; )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home