Sunday, April 23, 2006

Grading physics homeworks

I hate grading.

Sitting there and ticking away, trying to decipher the cryptic handwriting of some freshman genius, and tearing my hair out from the roots is not really my idea of a good time.

For the most part it is a pretty brain-dead process. And, I have to confess, a number of times I find myself unable to solve the same problems that I am supposed to grade (If not for the solution, I wouldn't know how to do the problems!) especially since electromagnetism is my particular weak point in physics: I hate it with a passion.

Ironic, then, that my new found interest in renewable energy, particularly in wind energy, has a heavy emphasis on electrical circuitry (with its accompanying E&M) and on vibrations (aka the mechanical analogue of E&M...after all, E&M effects are basically the relativistic effects of vibrating electrons).

That said, I still hate grading. It just drives me nuts, even though I'm getting paid for it, that I sit here and waste my life away. A lot of times I get distracted by other things, chiefly because I really have very little motivation to do it: no matter how focused I am, or distracted, invariably it takes me anywhere from 4 to 7 hours.

At the end of it, I'm just a hollow shell, devoid of any enthusiasm I can lay claim to, bereft of all energy, but too frustrated to lie down meekly for rest.

I'm just pissed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home