Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Incoming...

Just yesterday I was complaining about not having enough to do.

And right after that, I got a whole bunch of stuff from MS, one of my bosses, to do a lot of market definition stuff. It's interesting work that I'm doing, which is basically online market research in a specialized chemical area, followed by exploring potential collaboration with other organizations.

This workplace is very laid back, as in the people are very laid back. Work is not really a passion for most people here, but another way to save up, earn money, and to live. They are very nice, my colleagues, though very nosy and almost intrusive into my private life at lunch.

But I cannot help but feel that I need to prove myself to be above them. I want to do really well, to get excellent results and to show that I am capable of taking on more things than I am given right now.

Hell, I need a distraction and a new focus, and I want to leave this place in two years with a track record that allows me to show to others that I am capable of doing more than has been done before.

The other thing as well is I am going to grow up. As in I'm going to take work a lot more seriously now than before, to start getting into gear, and to be more professional about it. So no long periods during office hours of using of the blog, like I have done in the past weeks, but I'll be restricting my private email and blogging to after office hours and to focus on work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home