Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Back hurts like fuck...

For some reason, my back hurts like shit for the whole of today. It's a lot worse than yesterday, and I really cannot move. The moment I woke up and got out to turn off the alarm, I started yelping in pain like a wounded pup.

It didn't contribute to my feeling any better as the day went on. Especially since in the morning, I met up with another boss, and we had a meeting in a room to ourselves. She then proceeded to tell me quite candidly that my earlier suspicions of tension were quite right, but also proceeded to allay my fears by saying that things will be fine.

I'm a little relieved that she has given me some work to do, and it's work that seems to be useful in getting me to understand my workplace better, while also being actually USEFUL.

My colleagues seem to be very nice, mostly female, and mostly Chinese-speaking. In their own words, they are "very Channel 8", with Channel 8 being the main Chinese TV channel in Singapore.

Emotionally, I'm actually feeling pretty ok, perhaps because of the phone call last night. That said, I'm tempering my feelings with a lot of realism, and just letting things as they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home