Saturday, May 20, 2006

Getting a little annoyed

I'm currently travelling with my parents, and am simultaneously rediscovering how sweet and frustrating it can be to be with them sometimes.

Argh.

And it doesn't help that while I miss the Missus terribly, I haven't gotten a decent email reply from her since the end of World War II: I know she was happy and well, but in spite of my recent emails to her telling her some good news, I got zero replies.

Is she alright? Will she reply? I'm going a little nuts thinking about that almost all the time.

I want her to know I am thinking of her, almost too much. I want her to know that I am thinking of being with her wherever we are, and I am thinking about how wonderful it would be to live with her in Europe without a worry, while we jet-set across the world many times while living off our income from our gigantic financial assets.

I miss her so much, it has gotten through my skin into the marrow of my bones.

Travelling with my parents reminds me of the time I went with her to Italia, or to the other country (can't remember the exact name) where we travelled extensively alone. Now, with my parents, it's getting quite tiring sometimes to be always the one buying things and doing almost everything for them: and then sometimes my father just imposes a veto and we end up doing something (inconsequential but) stupid, like eating pretty bland "Thai" food cooked at the nearest train station, when there was pretty good Turkish food right around the corner (for half the price!).

But I have no choice, and am trying to keep my temper in check. They are really sweet, my parents, though my dad can be quite a hard one to handle at times....

I miss her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home