Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hectic as hell, getting ready to return home!

Unbelievable. The semester has come to an end, my college career has come to an end, and it feels so weird.

And stressful. And hectic as hell.

Now that the exams have ended, I've to start organizing, tying up loose ends and getting the resources for the next step. I cleared out my drawers in the lab, which was a little nostalgic; I also got my boxes today and will start packing them tomorrow, after I finish my laundry. I actually will have to throw out some of my clothes: it's too much to pack, and a lot of them have seen better days. I'll be giving away a number of my books as well, for much the same reason.

I said goodbye to a number of good friends, whom I might never see again, which is a little sad: actually it opens up a little crack at the bottom of my soul like a storm drain.
K., this Chinese American girl whom I met on my very first day here at Rice four years ago, a sweet girl with nary a bad word for anyone, with this gigantic smile on her face even on her worst days (and as an architecture student, she had lots of those...). She leaves tomorrow morning, and we exchanged some words while she lent me her laundry detergent for my use. She might come to Singapore.
S., this Indian guy from Bombay whom my gf had also met, and whom I worked with on a number of projects and in two clubs. We had dinner, and chatted about random things as usual. Might come to Singapore from Mumbai in the future.

My room is still intact, and there is still a lot left to be packed. The major packing will commence tomorrow, and on Wednesday I'll send my stuff back to Singapore by surface post. I've no time at all to prepare for the GMAT or my business school application, as I had envisioned before, but will have to spend almost all my time and energy doing such stuff.

Getting ready to go home!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home