Saturday, April 29, 2006

Last day of classes yesterday

Unbelievable. The semester went by like a blur.

This is probably the first semester where I am likely to get a 4.0 GPA, though it is a little premature to say so. A pity that I have to leave, just when I am getting the hang of it.

In large part, the reason why this semester worked out so smoothly was my investment in a PDA: I need an alarm going off telling me what deadlines are due, what to do next, and this semester has been brillant because of that. It worked beautifully in coordination with my initial use of the Dave Allen "Getting Things Done" algorithm.

It also helped that a number of my classes were relatively easy, as compared to technical courses which were blatantly boring for me: stuff like Reaction dynamics and kinetics. I'm definitely in the wrong major (Chemistry), and if I were instead in something else like Math Econ or just math, I would be happier (even though I would still be struggling).

Still, it kind of boggles my mind when I read my blog entries from January: I read them, and think, "wow, that was four months ago??" It seemed like yesterday when I came back jetlagged, tired, but eager to start anew after a short stint in Germany and France. Although it definitely feels like I've been away from the Missus for far too long.

Now I just have two finals, followed by the hectic schedule of getting ready for my return.

I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home