Sunday, November 27, 2005

Future Plans and Dreams

I don't know exactly what is going to happen in the near future, but this much is certain:

- I want to be with the Missus, if possible. Preferably in Sing, but I will try to be with her as much as I can.
- Many possibilities abound. Possibilities include setting up an energy company, or writing a guidebook, or even writing a book on my religion.
- Another possibility is grad school, more specifically Industrial Engineering. That will help give me the exposure and experience in industry or something related, which I need to get out of the narrowing track that is beginning to form around my choice of major... (in retrospect, my parents were right: an engineering degree really does allow you to go places...)

But all the best plans always go to waste. Right now, I'm just trying to make my dreams come true. The only thing that is definitely certain is the first thing, which I will make come true, no matter what it takes...

Speaking of dreams, I am reminded when I was in southern Spain, I met this guy who is a DJ in Queens. He graduated from Columbia with an electrical engineering degree, but decided he really liked music instead.

The first thing he asked me, when we were both standing around the bar, was "What's your dream?"

And right then, the evening before I was going off on my solo backpacking trip, I said, "I'm living it. Right now."

And it's true: I wish I could do that every day, preferably with the Missus on my side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home