Sunday, November 20, 2005

Tired again

Do I sound like a lame loser or what?

But can't help it lah. Kenina.

I've wasted away a large part of the weekend, spending yesterday with Z for his birthday, which was worth it, since it was his 21st birthday. I treated him to lunch at the stinky Vietnamese place: obviously, he really digs it, because he went there again today! He really liked the food, because the food is really much better than anywhere else in H-town by far: the best banh mi (the meat is not too sweet, the fillings are all fresh), the best Vietnamese coffee (super strong, super gao, just the way limpeh likes it...), and the best bun hue noodles (spicy beef noodles with lemongrass: basically like asam laksa!).

Coming back I went to the lab to get some work done: ended up chatting for the most part with Qiang's gf. The lady has some troubles, and gentleman that I am (and a nosy parker too), I had to lend a listening ear.

After that, I went to play basketball with Z. We played a 1-on-1 for a bit, then a 2-on-2 with these two guys who were taller than I am, and much fitter: I was way out of my league. Z was still able to keep up (a Diver is always a Diver... same way that an OOC is always a bai kah!), but I felt like throwing up half way: super shacked man! Almost dying from a heart attack!!

We then went for a beer afterwards at the Gingerman, which is one fine pub: I never knew the Gingerman had a cask-conditioned ale, btw, and really enjoyed a pint! Man, I really dig that stuff. It's a pity there isn't more of that around... the only cask-conditioned ale they had was a St. Arnold's Amber ale from cask, and it is very hoppy and bitter, and very much an acquired taste: Jude tasted it, and made a yucky face. The rest enjoyed their offerings: Z had a pear ale, Josh had a Riesling, and Jude had an Old Speckled Hen.

Jude and Josh had to go off somewhere else, so Z and I headed to Two rows for dinner. The food sucks, and the beer was appalling, especially after what we had in Gingerman.

This beer thing really convinced me that a beer is one of the best post-workout drinks: usually, after a strenuous game of b-ball, I'm essentially invalided-out the next day. But today I was perfectly ok when I woke up to talk to the missus (though I was really tired out: dusty room). A little soreness on the small of the back, but otherwise perfectly ok. The only difference was the beer that we had... that's how I like to think of it anyway.

Wasn't able to concentrate today at all. Was just super horny for the most part, kept thinking of the Missus and felt horny. I really miss her, though, in a non-sexual way. It is what-can-be-called "romantic longing".

But only started work on Sunday, instead of Saturday.... sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home