Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Zukunftsangst

I don't know what I am going to do in the immediate future.

I got rejected by yet another job.

Yet on the other hand, I am also very certain now that I do not want to work in the field of chemistry, but would much prefer something business or economics related, even finance.

Currently I am enrolled in a Combinatorics course, and we are doing a lot of very interesting problems, like matching theory, graph theory and marriage problems. These mathematical problems have economic and strategic implications, which make them doubly interesting (though it must be said that they are tedious to solve by hand!).

The scary thing is, I AM ACTUALLY REALLY EXCITED BY THIS TOPIC. I actually took the initiative to google about this topic and print a published paper on it, something that I hardly ever did for chemistry or physics.

As a result of this I have been looking for operations research materials, both in the school library as well as online. I am quite seriously considering doing further studies in this field, most likely in Singapore.

Will the Missus approve?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home